IT Support Assoc II (LCC) – Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
- Associate in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in help-desk or desk-side support environment
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and add one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
- Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
- Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedules, weekends, and holidays
APPLY NOW!!! 2022-23 University of Bayreuth PhD and Postdoctoral Positions in Fundamental Turbulence Research, Germany
Amazon’s IT Services Support is the first point of contact for technical support service requests. Our IT Support Technician spends their day fielding incoming support chats, calls, and online requests on behalf of Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide.
The successful IT Support Technician will be customer-focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
- Provides comprehensive technical support to Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
- Research, resolve and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with team standards.
- Diagnose and troubleshoots end-user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes, and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Creates and submits detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Informs customers of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Assists with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT-related field.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills in very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.