Citi Premier Card
The technologically driven Citi Premier Card is a mid-tier credit card that generates points in Citi’s ThankYou Points program. The new innovation card comes with an enticing welcome bonus of 60,000 points after spending your first $4,000 within the space of your first 3 months of account opening. It offers an amazing ongoing reward for purchases at restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, hotels and air travel.
The ThankYou Points earned by the card offer a flexible rewards program that allows you to redeem your points in multiple ways. But a big downside of the Citi Premier Card compared to its similarly-priced peers is a lack of travel and purchase protection benefits.
a. Generate 60,000 bonus ThankYou Points after spending $4,000 in purchases of goods and services within the first 3 months of account opening
b. Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Restaurants and Supermarkets
c. Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Gas Stations, Air Travel ticket and Hotels bookings
d. Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
e. Annual Hotel Savings Benefit
f. The 60,000 ThankYou Points earned are redeemable for $600 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
g. Does not have any expiration and no limit to the number of points you can earn while using the card.
h. No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Is it hard to get approved for Citi Premier?
You can qualify for the Citi Premier Card easily the way you qualify for most travel credit cards. Your approval odds can be high if you have good credit and haven’t opened multiple cards in the past few months. If you already have a Citi credit card that earns ThankYou points, make sure you’re eligible for the signup bonus too.
- Flexible travel redemption options
- No foreign transaction fee
- Add authorized users for no additional cost
- Annual fee with no first-year waiver
- No intro APR offer
- No travel or purchase protections
Can I have 2 Citi Premier cards?
You can have an unlimited number of Citi cards, as long as you’re approved for each one. You’re allowed to have more than one Citi card. Rumour has it you need to wait at least 8 days between applications for any two Citi credit cards in order to be approved for the second.
Other Citi Premier Credit Card Benefits
One major downside of this card is that Premier Card doesn’t come with many cardholder perks. Here’s what you can expect to receive once you sign up.
- Citi Entertainment: Purchase presale concert tickets, admission to exclusive events and more through this free cardmember-only service.
- $100 Annual Hotel Savings Benefit: Get $100 off one hotel stay of at least $500 before taxes and fees when booking through ThankYou.com, once each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: You won’t have to pay any additional fees when you use your credit card for purchases made overseas.
- Additional Cards: Add authorized users to your account for free to accumulate points faster.